Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Mom, if you were here today, these are things I would tell you...

I am so thankful the Lord blessed me with you to be my Mom. He gave me the absolute best! There are so many reasons why I love you, admire you and want to be just like you.


You are so full of life and joy.
You see the best in every circumstance and encourage others to see the same.
You always count your blessings.
You make everyone feel like they are your best friend.
You point others to Jesus any chance you get.
You are a thrill-seeker!
You are a prankster and a jokester.
I love when you get tickled and can't stop laughing.
Growing up, I loved seeing you read your Bible every morning.
I love that your response to any problem is, "Have you prayed about it?"
You set a beautiful example of a wife, and I love the way you love Tony.
You are the greatest G-ma, and I love the way you love your grandchildren.


These are the things I have loved doing with you:

I love getting pedicures together.
I love working together.
I love eating lunch with you everyday.
I love taking road trips together.
I love listening to worship music together.
I love listening to Michael Buble while we re-paint rooms in the house.
I love going on walks together.
I love picking up Hudson from Mother's Day out and walking across the street to get him a cup of ice.
I love going to see all the youth girls in their prom dresses together.
I love laughing together.
I love playing in the snow together.
I love sitting in silence together.
I love watching HGTV and TLC together.
Even though I hated gardening, I love going to Garden City with you to buy plants.
I love running errands with you.


Mom, it doesn't matter what we are doing together, I simply love being with you.

I love that I look so much like you! (even though we've always struggled to see that for ourselves). I love that we have the exact same feet and hitchhikers thumbs.


Mom, I can never put into words how much you mean to me. Thank you for setting such a beautiful example for me to follow. You truly embody the Proverbs 31 woman. I want to love my husband the way you have loved Tony. I want to mother my children the way you have for me and Bryan. I hope to have the same relationship with my daughter that you and I have had. I pray she loves me and looks up to me the way I have looked up to you.


Mom, even though you aren't here with us today, know that you are still being celebrated and cherished. I know that ultimately you are having the best Mother's Day today as you get to walk with Jesus side-by-side, fully healed and whole in His presence.

Oh Mom, I miss you and love you so much. Know that I am sending you all my love and hugs.


You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, Mom
How much I love you
You'll always be
My sunshine today


Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I miss you and love you with all my heart!

"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment