Saturday, June 21, 2014

Busy Summer

I've had a pretty full past couple of weeks. Summer is our busiest season with the youth at work. About two weeks ago we had our local Youth Missions Week which consisted of holding a backyard Bible club at a nearby apartment complex and volunteering at a couple organizations helping with anything they needed.

Here is part of our group volunteering at Helping Hands -
a second hand store and food pantry. They did such a great job!
And here is the other part of our group at Havenwood - a local
organization dedicated to helping single parent families. Students
organized a huge donation closet and revamped the playground.
Another great job by our kids!
We assigned a team of guys who worked on the playground
for two days. They replaced the old gravel with brand new
rubber mulch. The finished product turned out AMAZING!
I'm so proud of the hard work they put into this project!

The week was a huge success! The children at the apartment complex learned about Jesus, and our students got to be the hands and feet of Jesus to our community. We have such a great group of students!

About a week ago, David and I went to a Third Day concert with our friends Jonathan and Amanda. It was a really fun night to be outside enjoying great music with great company!

I don't know why we didn't get a pic with all
four of us. Oops!

Thursday I flew to Austin, TX to go see my uncle graduate and become an official Texas State Trooper! He went through a grueling 23-week academy, and now all of his hard work has paid off. I'm so glad I was able to go be part of such a special and exciting occasion!

Tony, me and Texas State Trooper David Hudgens!
So proud of you, Uncle David!

I got home at about 10 o'clock last night, right as our high school students were showing up to our house to hang out for a couple of hours. They swam and we all roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores and it was a really fun night!

And now.... I am exhausted! But the craziness of the summer has only just begun! We leave for camp in just a few days, and there is still so much to do to get ready for it! Whew!

That's all for now!

"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete