Sunday, December 29, 2013

Leaning

Today was yet another day filled with His grace. I don't know why I'm so surprised at how good His grace is. His word promises that His grace is sufficient. But before my mom passed, I couldn't fathom how He was going to carry us through such a storm as this. But He is! It really has been incredible. My mind wants to keep wondering to the days ahead, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't fearful about the hard times to come. But then I must remind myself... Stay in today. His grace has been with me today, and when tomorrow comes, His grace will be there too.

We sang these words at church this morning:

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.


Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.


What precious words those are! I will continue to lean on His arms through this trial. He hasn't failed me yet!

We had my mom's visitation tonight, and WOW! The outpouring of love was simply incredible. The line of people was completely steady from 4:00-7:30pm. And I believe that was just a tiny glimpse of the impact my mom has had on the world around her. What a testimony. She lived her life well. Thank you to everyone who came out tonight. It was such a blessing to all of us!!

Mom's Celebration Service will be live streamed tomorrow (12/30/13) at 10 AM CST. I am posting the link below. Please join us if you're able!

 
"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jordan...I just joined you and your family for your sweet Mama's memorial service from Chicago through the live stream. I have never been at a more God honoring service in my entire life. You mother honored HIM in her life and in her death. The song you and Brian sang was perfect! Prayers will continue as God sustains you through this very day and the difficult days ahead. Rest in Him...rejoice in Him...Live in Him. Blessings to you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan and family, I feel privileged that you would allow us to share in your mama's celebration service. When I watched there were over 3,000 views; I had to wonder if she could have ever imagined the lives she had touched.

    You will always miss her physical presence, but I know her spirit will live on and you will find her everywhere.

    ReplyDelete