Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hank Carpenter Street

Who knew that just a short 3 days after my last post I would be a momma?! This past month has been a complete whirlwind! I don't even know where to begin... I'll make a relatively long story short...

Monday morning, December 29th, I went in for my routine weekly prenatal appointment. I was 37 weeks at the time. The nurse calls me back and starts doing the usual steps - weighs me, takes my blood pressure, measures my belly, etc. And then she grabs the monitor to check little man's heart rate, and that's where it all began. I wish I could play an audio file of what we heard. I guess try to imagine a stampede of horses running full speed - that pretty much does it. Hank's heart rate was sky high at a record 220 - off the charts... literally. My doctor comes in and says something along the lines of, "I don't like what's happening here. You're probably going to have a baby today, and you're probably going to have a c-section."

Ummm WHAT?! Yes.

Less than 2 hours later a beautiful baby boy was born!

Getting ready for my C-section - still in good spirits!
David getting suited up! But he didn't get to come back with me since it was emergency.
Hank Carpenter Street
6 lbs 9 oz, 19 3/4 in long
Proud Daddy!
My first time seeing my sweet boy!
Hank was born at 11:21 that morning, and I did not get to see him until around 5:00pm. His heart rate was still sky high, and he actually had to be flown to Arkansas Children's Hospital that evening. I had to stay in Northwest Arkansas until Wednesday. Talk about ripping out a new momma's heart! I wanted to be with my little boy. I wanted to hold him and love him and gaze into those little eyes and tell him everything would be okay. Oh, my heart was bursting! Thankfully David was able to drive down and be with him, and I had plenty of people to stay with me and take care of me too.

So here's a really neat story that shows how cool our great God is... After Hank made it to ACH, the cardiologist called me and explained the procedure they were about to perform on my baby to get his heart rate down. It sounded scary, but I knew he was in good hands, so I had to trust them. Ten minutes later the cardiologist called me back and said, "Nevermind. He converted on his own!" Praise the Lord! They didn't have to do the scary procedure, and my baby boy was well! He still had to stay at Children's for a couple days to be monitored and receive antibiotics.

But seriously, that next day and a half was heart-wrenching. I'm so thankful for technology and that I was able to see my baby through pictures and Facetime, but I needed to be there with him. I was finally released Wednesday morning, and Tony drove me to go see my newest little love!

So happy to be heading to Little Rock!
No words to describe this moment. Finally holding my little boy!
Our little family all together for the first time!
I just couldn't get enough of him!
We finally got released to come home Thursday!
My final "bump" picture to add to the collection!
The whole compilation!
And now, just lots of pictures of our sweet Hank!!! We love this little boy so much!


Went for a walk downtown


And a few newborn pictures (credit to the fabulous Rhyanne Ketron)













Our hearts are so happy and full!

"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome Hank! He is adorable and the picture in his hoodie cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! He is just adorable! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I had tears in my eyes reading your story...so thankful for a happy ending and that you and baby are well. He is so darling! Rest up and enjoy the newborn snuggles : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! He is beautiful!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete

  5. I can’t thank you enough Email: adagbaspiritualtemple@gmail.com for all that you have done for me. About a year ago I my partner had a misunderstanding that lead to break up, we had both made BIG mistakes in our relationship. He ended up moving away from me to pursue a new life. I knew in my heart that she would be the only one to make me happy. I was relieved when I found your site and what you had to offer. I requested 3 to 4 day casting of the reunite us love spell and within 4days Denny company had relocated her back to our hometown where I still lived. We immediately reconnected and move in with each other i am so happy that i found you and i was all patient to following your order thank you Dr ADAGBA . If you are in need of help i will advice you to contact him too on his whatsapp number: +2348037780443

    ReplyDelete