Monday, April 7, 2014

A Fresh Start

Last Tuesday I took a deep breath as I walked back into my workplace into a newly decorated office which kicked my day off to a great start! The physical change brought a sense of newness and I feel has given me a fresh start. A new beginning. My dear friend Maegan (who I've talked about before) tackled the project, and it looks amazing! Another sweet friend, Ashely, painted the verse on my wall - one of my favorite details!

I love my fresh, new, cheery little office!


I also had a few surprise flower deliveries!

There were so many people who sent me texts saying they were praying for me and asking how my day was going. I really felt the Lord's favor and grace all over me through the love and care from the people around me. It was such a blessing!

However, Thursday morning started out a little differently. It was just one of those days where my mind was not in a good place. I was spiraling downhill quickly and couldn't get myself back up. As I pulled up to the office, I sat in my car for about 10 minutes trying to talk myself into walking inside. I finally pulled myself together and went in. It only took about 3 minutes, though, before I cracked and burst into tears as I talked with Dawn (our new assistant - who is really great by the way!) and another dear friend Kristy. It was a moment when really all I wanted was to be able to talk to my mom. I wanted to hear her voice. I wanted her advice. I wanted to feel her arms around me. I just needed my mom. But I am so thankful for the opportunity and for the conversation I was able to have with these two dear ladies. It was a beautiful moment of openness and fellowship that isn't often shared among believers. We held hands and they prayed over me, and in those moments of sharing and tears and prayer, the Lord brought a little bit of healing to my heart. He turned my "bad day" into a good one. He gave me the mercy and the grace I so desperately needed in the very moment I needed it.

So I would have to say that Week 1 back at work was a very good week! And so far, Week 2 has started off on the up side as well!

Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement that were sent my way!

"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jordan, bless your precious heart! It just takes time and I'm so thankful you are surrounded by such awesome Christian folks that can walk this journey with you. You are a special young lady and the Lord is going to use you in mighty ways. May each day bring you renewed hope and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, you may not feel it right now, but your strength and hope in our God shines so strongly through you! Praying that He will continue to lift you up, to fill you spirit with His love, courage and strength. You are His, and He will surely stand by you, every single step of this painful journey!

    Praying for a blessed weekend and week ahead for you, sweet girl!

    ((HUGS)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Once again, your post hit me right where I am. I think of you and your loss daily at some point. It's the little things that "trip" me up. I think I'm OK, and then, it's the song on the radio, or lately, the smell of coffee brewing that trigger the tears. You are an amazing example of strength! I don't want to burden my friends and family with taking care of me, when they look to me for strength. I find the peace and encouragement I need right here in the words of your heart and in the comments of your readers. Again, thank you. Be gentle with yourself, and know that God will not allow you to be alone, even though it feels like it sometimes. I feel like it's in the "alone" times that I draw closer to HIM. Sending peace and strength your way!

    ReplyDelete